Hyde School Ethos and Values
Forest Edge Learning Federation Vision:
Our children will be globally-aware, confident, successful learners, who within our ambitious, forward-thinking environments, will develop a secure sense of self-worth.
Ethos and Values
Our ethos and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
‘You will know them by what they do’
As a church school the principles of the Christian way of life are implicit in all we do. We are an inclusive school where children come first. We encourage an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith and promote Christian values through the experience we offer to all our pupils.
As a community, we have selected three distinctively Christian values - peace, compassion and friendship which provide a golden thread throughout the daily life of our school.
Hyde School Mission:
To achieve our vision, we are committed to nurturing, challenging and inspiring children within a high quality learning environment in which everyone is valued equally so that every pupil leaves us with the skills, self-confidence and attitudes required to thrive in their future. In this way we can help every child to become the best that they can be.
We will achieve this by:
- Creating a positive atmosphere where everyone feels happy, secure and valued.
- Expecting and promoting the highest standards of behaviour.
- Providing a well-planned, broad, balanced and inclusive curriculum that reflects and develops our school values.
- Providing the highest standards of teaching and learning.
- Working together with parents, carers, governors and local community to build a culture of learning with high expectations.
- Promoting the British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect and tolerance of different faiths and beliefs.
- Ensuring all children are ready for their next stage of education and life beyond the school.